Thursday, December 2, 2010

Drive this!

I had an appointment to see my neurologist today, and I was cutting it close so I opted for a cab instead of the train in an effort to get somewhere on time for once in my life.

You already know this didn't work out, or it wouldn't be here.

First, I succinctly gave the address of the location at which I would have liked to be dropped off.  The conversation went like this.

Me: I would like to go to *8 SOUTH Booblebobble please.
Him.  8 SOUTH Booblebobble?
Me: Yes, 8 SOUTH Booblebobble, thank you.

In this conversation I feel secure that I will get to where I am going in this cab.  Minutes later he takes me to 500 SOUTH Booblebobble.  My fare is 6 dollars and something.  He gestures for me to pay and go.

Me: Excuse me, no, I said I would like to go to 8 SOUTH Booblebobble. 
Him:  You said 8th street and Booblebobble
Me: No, I said 8 SOUTH Booblebobble.  You repeated the address back to me.  Take me to where I asked you to please.

He huffs, he drives.

He pulls up ACROSS THE STREET from 8 NORTH Booblebobble.
Me:  Wha?  What is this?  I don't even?  Fine, whatever.  I'll get out here.  Let me know when I can swipe my card.
(the fare is well over ten dollars now)
Him: No, just give me cash.
Me: I don't have cash, I will pay you with my card.
Him: Why don't you have cash?  You stupid American, just get out of my cab.
Me: Why do you have a card machine if you don't take cards, yet I'm the stupid one?
Him: Just get out.



I get out.  I walk the couple blocks to my appointment.  I'm twenty minutes late, so I have to wait for other people to be seen before I can get in.  Thanks asshole.  But what you didn't realize is while you were calling me stupid, I was taking cell phone pics of your cab license and number so you're going to be reported for your blatant ignorance and verbal abuse and I might even send you a nice letter to the tune of:


First of all, when I get in your cab:


When I tell you where I want to go multiple times, you may want to take one of those times to listen the fuck up



Secondly, it's not legal for you to provide me a means to pay with a credit/debit card and then prevent me from doing so.  If you want to pick up people who will pay only cash then maybe avoid the girl in the coat missing several buttons and try this guy.

Has loads of cash, and probably fucks bitches

If you do find yourself in a situation where the passenger doesn't have cash

Don't do this.


Finally, I've enclosed a sign that might deter any future conflicts:


Fuck off.




*address has been altered to protect my neurologist.  he thinks I'm crazy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment