Monday, October 4, 2010

Special ironies













Just to clarify, I do not advocate calling anybody with "special needs" sick or gross. But I do find this incredibly ironic and a tad ignorant. They just want to be accepted, which implies they wanted to be treated normal right? So let's exploit that and give them a "special" hour on a social networking site? I just find this mildly amusing. On a personal note, I find it incredibly annoying.

You haven't heard from me in awhile because I recently suffered a hemorrhage, blood clot, stroke, and a seizure. I spent about ten days in the hospital, and consider myself very lucky to be as...well...ok as I am now. Today is my first day back at work. My most severe anxiety since I've been in the clear has been how my coworkers would react to my return. Will they stare at me? Ask me uncomfortable questions? Or even worse, treat me different? The last thing I would want is for them to FOCUS ON MY AFFLICTION FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR AND SHARE IT WITH THEIR FACEBOOK FRIENDS.

No, I do not compare having a stroke to having "special needs" but I do compare it to having something different from most of my peers. Something that they may not understand. So I think I get to gripe about this. Well, you know what, I get to gripe about this because I'm a person with a blog and fuck you.

2 comments: